Primary Years Programme
The Primary Years Programme focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside. It is defined by six transdisciplinary themes of global significance, explored using knowledge and skills derived from six subject areas, with a powerful emphasis on inquiry-based learning.
- addresses students’ academic, social and emotional well-being
- encourages students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their own learning
- supports students’ efforts to gain understanding of the world and to function comfortably within it
- helps students establish personal values as a foundation upon which international-mindedness will develop and flourish
SubjectsThere are six subject areas
- physical, social and personal education
- social studies
These subject areas provide students with knowledge, skills, and concepts which students can explore to understand the interconnected nature of the subject areas and the trans disciplinary themes.